June 27, 2022
- Call emergency services at 911 (Use your cell phone to dial 911. Do not call with Teams Phone).
- Notify Campus Safety – Emergency:
- 416-978-2222 (St. George Campus)
- 905-569-4333 (Mississauga Campus),
- 416-978-2222 (Scarborough Campus)
Note: Campus Safety have developed COVID-19 procedures when responding to incident and emergency calls.
- Verbally assess the patient from a distance of 2 metres away.
- Establish, at the scene, a safe, designated isolation area for the individual to wait at least 2 metres away from you and other passers-by until Campus Safety and EMS arrive. Remember to avoid face to face conversations within 2 metres, stand to the side of the individual and if required, when assisting with assuring individual is comfortable while waiting for EMS.
- Staff attending to / supervising the ill student should maintain physical distancing. If you are trained in first aid, please follow the Guidance for workplace identified First Aiders during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic. Wear a medical mask and eye protection (goggles or face shield) if you must be closer than 2 metres. Call Campus Safety for assistance if the individual’s symptoms worsen or needs first aid and you are not trained or equipped to provide First Aid.
- Ask individuals to keep wearing their mask (if tolerated).
- Provide tissues to the ill person to support respiratory etiquette.
- If possible, open outside doors and windows to increase air circulation in the area.
Additional Health Resources
If your symptoms worsen, please contact your family doctor or call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000. In case of emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
- For students experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, contact your Campus Student Health and Wellness or Health and Counselling Centre:
- St. George: 416-978-8030
- UTSC: 416-287-7065
- UTM: 905-828-5255
- You may also be contacted directly by the University to ensure that you are supported at this time.
- For Employees, contact the Occupational Health Clinic (email@example.com).
Follow regional health guidance. See the Ontario Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 webpage. To find your local assessment centre please refer to the Ontario Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 webpage.