This page serves as a focal point for the laser safety program and provides links and information regarding laser safety.
Laser Safety Training
Should you have accessibility needs within a research environment please visit/contact the following resources.
Student Accessibility – http://www.studentlife.utoronto.ca/
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) – http://aoda.hrandequity.utoronto.ca/
If you know exactly which course(s) you are required to complete:
Please go to My EHS Training webpage, read the information on it and Log-in (bottom of the page) to register for the course
If you are not sure of the course(s) you are required to complete:
Click the appropriate check box/boxes for the hazard/s connected to your research work (radiation, lasers, X-ray, etc.). If more checkboxes appear, click the one/ones that better describe your research work. Once you are done, you can choose to download the table as a pdf (“Download a PDF” button below the table) or directly register for the course/s (“Log into My EHS Training” button at the end of the webpage).
If you do not have UTORid or will work with an open beam instrument, please contact Dr. Gustavo Moriena (email@example.com)
A more in-depth presentation of the laser safety theory can be found in the Laser Safety Manual.
- For more information about laser lab design, you can contact Ken Barat at firstname.lastname@example.org
External Laser Links
- Calculate your MPE, OD, NHZ, NOHD – Easy Haz
- OD calculator – The Evaluator
- Laser Institute of America
- IEC – International Electrotechnical Commission
- Kentek Corporation – Laser Safety Products
- Grayflare Inc
- Rockwell Laser Industries
- BEAMSTOP’R – Laser impenetrable Custom Drapery Systems
- Lasermet Ltd. – Laser Safety Solution
- Laser Safety Systems
- Laser Safety Industries
- Laser Shield UV Shield
- SPERIAN Eye & Face Protection
- Laser products http://www.laserglow.com/catalog.htm
The information presented on this web page is suitable for the University of Toronto and may not be adequate for other laser applications.