This page serves as a focal point for the laser safety program and to provide links and information regarding laser safety.
Laser Safety Training
Should you have accessibility needs within a research environment please visit/contact the following resources.
Student Accessibility – http://www.studentlife.utoronto.ca/
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) – http://aoda.hrandequity.utoronto.ca/
- EHS732 Closed Beam & Low Classes Laser Safety (online)
- EHS733 Laser Safety Officer Training (in-person)
- EHS734 Safe Use of Fiber-Coupled Lasers (online)
- EHS735 Laser Safety Refresher (online) Be advised that courses completed before taking the pre-requisite course will not be considered valid.
- EHS736 Laser Safety-Theory (online)
- EHS737 Laser Safety-Theory (in-person)
- EHS738 Laser Safety-Practical (in the training lab)
- EHS739 Laser Safety Awareness (online)
For register: Go to My EHS Training and Log-in (bottom of the page)
- For more information about laser lab design, you can contact Ken Barat at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Typical Standard Operating Procedure for an Educational Institution
- Beam Alignment
- COVID 19 and Laser Safety Goggles
External Laser Links
- Calculate your MPE, OD, NHZ, NOHD – Easy Haz
- OD calculator – The Evaluator
- Laser Institute of America
- IEC – International Electrotechnical Commission
- Kentek Corporation – Laser Safety Products
- Rockwell Laser Industries
- BEAMSTOP’R – Laser impenetrable Custom Drapery Systems
- Lasermet Ltd. – Laser Safety Solution
- Laser Safety Systems
- Laser Safety Industries
- Laser Shield UV Shield
- SPERIAN Eye & Face Protection
- Laser products http://www.laserglow.com/catalog.htm
The information presented on this web page is suitable for the University of Toronto and may not be adequate for other laser applications.