The UTRPA is responsible for the safe use of all sources of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation (both materials and machines), on all areas under U of T control. The use of X-ray sources and X-ray machines is under the jurisdiction of the UTRPA.
The UTRPA approves the University X-ray sources Safety Program and ensures that all components of the program are adequately implemented. The Radiation Protection Service of the Office of Environmental Health and Safety has the responsibility of implementing, updating, and auditing the X-ray Safety Program.
- X-ray Safety Permit Application – X Ray Permit Form and Guidelines
- X-ray Safety Training (online)
- X-ray Safety Refresher (Pre-requisite: X-raf Safety Training) (online)
To register go to: www.portal.utoronto.ca, then to Community\Environmental Health and Safety and select the course. Be advised that courses completed before taking the pre-requisite course will not be considered valid.
If you do not have UTORid or will work with an open beam instrument, please contact Dr. Sandu Sonoc (email@example.com)
- X-ray Safety Operating Procedure for analytical equipments
- X-ray Safety Operating Procedure for dental equipments
- X-ray Safety Operating Procedure for cabinet equipments
Occupational Health and Safety Act, R.R.O. 1990, Regulation 861