The following lists some possible causes of leg discomfort amongst computer users. Potential corrective actions to consider are also listed.
- Feet dangling and not well-supported
- If current chair height is appropriate for workstation and keyboard, use a footrest; otherwise, check to see if chair height and keyboard can be lowered
- Posture that puts pressure on the back of the thighs
- Lower chair height; use a footrest; tilt seatpan forward slightly
- When sitting, there is pressure behind the back of the knee
- Shorten the distance between the backrest and the front of the seatpan — try a strap-on back support or pillow