Updated: April 23, 2023
This form should be completed and submitted within 24 hours of the incident by a University of Toronto employee in the event of an incident or injury involving students, contractors, or visitors (including visiting students conducting research). This form may also be used to report incidents like near misses, where there was no injury, but the potential for injury existed.
For injuries or incidents involving employees, complete the eForm for Employees.
Students who are injured on UofT property and/or in the course of a UofT sanctioned activities (e.g., research, academic or other UofT programning, such as fitness classes, student clubs, etc.) should immediately report the incident to their UofT contact (e.g., academic contact or athletic front desk staff). The UofT contact then submits the Non-Employee Online Accident/Incident eForm (blue button below).
Students who are injured while employed by UofT (e.g., TA for class) should immediately report their incident to their workplace supervisor who will then submit the eForm for Employees. If the student is unsure of their employment status at the time of their injury, they should contact their divisional HR office.
Students who are injured while they are on a placement should immediately report the incident to their placement employer/supervisor and to the UofT Placement Coordinator (email@example.com) and complete the Student on Unpaid Placements Accidental Report.
If you require medical care, please go to a health care provider. Occupational Health and Safety does not provide primary care, but only occupation-related consulting services.
Important Notes About eForm
- This form cannot be saved. Ensure you have all details of the incident and personal information of the student, contractor, or visitor involved before starting the form.
- If some information is not available, submit what you have and provide the missing information to EHS (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as you have it.
- If information for a required field (e.g., phone number) is not available, enter placeholder number/text to complete the submission of the report (e.g., 111-111-1111) and note this in the free text section.
- Once the form is submitted, a copy of the report will be sent to the e-mail addresses provided on the form. If you do not receive a copy of the form, contact the EHS office.
- The eForm requires UTORid authentication (UTORid and password).
Need further clarifications?
Refer to the Definitions of Injuries (PDF) and Instructions.
- If you are having trouble with your UTORid, visit the UTORid Account Management webpage.
- If you are still having trouble with your UTORid after 12 hours of the incident occurring or being reported, contact the EHS office at 416-978-4467 or email@example.com.
Image from Adobe Stock Photo.