Updated: June 25, 2022
This form should be completed and submitted by a University of Toronto employee in the event of an incident or injury involving students, contractors, or visitors (including visiting students conducting research). This form may also be used to report incidents like near misses, where there was no injury, but the potential for injury existed.
For injuries or incidents involving employees, complete the eForm for Employees.
Where a student, contractor, or visitor has been injured, the University of Toronto employee must submit this form within 24 hours of the incident.
If you require medical care, please go to a health care provider. Occupational Health and Safety does not provide primary care, but only occupation-related consulting services.
Important Notes About eForm
- This form cannot be saved. Ensure you have all details of the incident and personal information of the student, contractor, or visitor involved before starting the form.
- If some information is not available, submit what you have and provide the missing information to EHS (email@example.com) as soon as you have it.
- If information for a required field (e.g., phone number) is not available, enter placeholder number/text to complete the submission of the report (e.g., 111-111-1111) and note this in the free text section.
- Once the form is submitted, a copy of the report will be sent to the e-mail addresses provided on the form. If you do not receive a copy of the form, contact the EHS office.
- The eForm requires UTORid authentication (UTORid and password).