Safety Data Sheets
This page provides links to safety data sheets [SDSs] for chemical and biological agents. Online access to the databases from ChemWatch and the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety are provided for University of Toronto users only.
For a description of the legal requirements for the provision of and contents of Safety Data Sheets refer to the Environmental Health and Safety publication WHMIS: What You Need to Know.
SDS Safety Data Sheets for Chemicals
- ChemWatch GoldFFX
- Online database with SDS available in GHS (Globally Harmonized System) format. Includes vendor (M)SDS, mini SDS, emergency information, label templates, and more. Access from University of Toronto IP addresses only.
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Online SDS database from the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety. Access for University of Toronto users only.
Pathogen Safety Data Sheets
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Pathogen Safety Data Sheets maintained by the Pathogen Regulation Directorate, Public Health Agency of Canada.
MSDS Other External Databases of MSDSs
- Interactive Learning Paradigms, Inc.
- Where to find Safety Data Sheets on the Internet. Site gives links to government and industry sites. Also provides links for pesticides and herbicides. FAQs and other useful information.
- Free access to over 850,000 MSDSs and links to manufacturers.
- University of Vermont: SIRI Searchable Database
- Database searchable by both manufacturer and chemical.
- Sigma-Aldrich chemicals. Site is free but requires registration.
- Avantor Materials
- Must first search for the chemical in their catalogue and then follow the link to the MSDS.
- Limited list of intermediate and specialty chemicals. No search capability.
- US National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. Collection of MSDS-related sites
- MSDSonline is a leading provider of SDS access and management solutions. Our online database contains more than 1.2 million indexed and searchable Safety Data Sheet (SDS) documents. Our site currently receives roughly 100,000 unique site visits per month.
- ImageWave® EHS Enterprise® Software Solution
- This EHS solution provides SDS Management (MSDSFinder®), Environmental Reporting (including SARA 313 and TIER II), Container Labeling, SDS Authoring, SDS Scanning/Updating Service and more.