For the latest information about U of T’s COVID-19 response, please see the UTogether2020 page and the University’s Coronavirus page. Please take the time to review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and the Human Resources & Equity page on COVID-19 (e.g. Return to Work Processes during COVID-19 Response document). If you or members of your unit have a question that is not covered, please consider using the Contact Us button located at the top of the FAQ section to submit your question.
UofT resources about COVID-19
- The University of Toronto is putting a number of new measures in place to prepare for a gradual, safe return to our campuses. These measures include a face mask policy, physical distancing, extra cleaning, new wipe dispensers, more hand sanitizers and plexiglass barriers. Three new videos show what staff, faculty and students can expect on each campus in the fall.
- University of Toronto’s Message/Updates/FAQs
- Support and Advice for Employees During COVID-19
- Returning to Campus – Please visit this page for the latest UofT guidelines on COVID-19 (General Workplace Guidelines (GWG), Events Guidelines, In-Class Instruction and Teaching Guidelines, etc.) and Assessment Tools for re-entry (GAT, EAT, SAT, SEAT).
- Guidance Policy and draft Guidelines on face covering and non-medical masks (for additional clarification, please review Chapter 6 of the General Workplace Guidelines (GWG))
- Tri-Campus Caretaking Strategy for Return to the University
- Tri-Campus HVAC Strategy for Return to the University – updated Sept. 17, 2020
- COVID-19 Posters
- Procedures in the event of a Positive COVID-19 Case
- Procedures in the Event of a Symptomatic Case (Feeling ill with COVID-19 related symptoms on campus, non-urgent, immediate assistance not required)
- If you receive an alert form the Health Canada COVID-19 App – added Sept. 28, 2020
- COVID-19 Testing Information – updated Sept. 25,2020
For Researchers (General)
- Guideline for Reopening Research Spaces
- University of Toronto COVID-19 FAQs for Researchers
- COVID19 Awareness Video for Research Laboratories
- This awareness video is for those who desire supplemental information on COVID-19 when working in research spaces.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, our typical work situation has changed and there are some new procedures that we must follow to protect ourselves and our fellow U of T community members when we work on campus. This awareness video (~12 minutes) outlines some information and procedures for research personnel that need to be implemented when you are on campus.
For Researchers Working with SARS-CoV-2
This biosafety guideline is intended to assist laboratories in planning and implementing their research with SARS-CoV-2 (the causative viral agent of COVID-19) or related biological materials at the University of Toronto. This guideline is based on currently available scientific evidence, the Biosafety Advisory issued by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and is subject to review and change as new information becomes available.
A short online course has been launched to assist those working with the coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, or related biological materials. This course outlines some of the principles and practices that need to be addressed while working with SARS-CoV-2. This course is mandatory for anyone working with SARS-CoV-2; this includes, but is not limited to, the virus itself, cDNA, RNA, fixed tissue, infected or likely infected cells or tissue.