Updated: November 5, 2021
For the latest information on the University of Toronto’s COVID-19 response, please see the UTogether page and take the time to review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). If you or members of your unit have a question that is not covered, please submit your question using the Contact Us button. Faculty, librarians, and staff should also visit the Human Resources and Equity COVID-19 and Returning to Campus websites for more information.
The University of Toronto is putting a number of new measures in place to prepare for a gradual, safe return to our campuses. Please see the 12 ways U of T is preparing for a safe return to campus. These measures include a face mask policy, physical distancing, extra cleaning, new wipe dispensers, more hand sanitizers, and plexiglass barriers.
COVID-19 Vaccinations, Rapid Screening and Testing
This September, all members of the University community—including students, staff, faculty, and librarians—will be required to provide proof of full vaccination or register in the University’s rapid screening program, where results will need to be uploaded regularly.
For information on COVID-19 vaccinations and the University of Toronto, please visit the U of T website COVID-19 Vaccinations. For information on U of T’s rapid screening program, visit the At Home Rapid Antigen Screening website.
To book your COVID-19 vaccination at a vaccination clinic or pharmacy, please use the Ontario COVID-19 vaccine booking system. COVID-19 pop-up clinics may also be available in your local area. For information on COVID-19 testing, please visit the Ontario website for COVID-19 Testing and Testing Locations.
As of Sept 22, 2021, proof of full vaccination or medical exemption and proof of identity at the point of entry is required for certain types of operations (e.g. indoor fitness sports and recreational fitness facilities, indoor dine-in food establishments, indoor events, outdoor dine-in food establishments with dance facilities, theatres, cinemas, etc.). For more information, please refer to Chapter 3 of the General Workplace Guideline (GWG). For assistance on the verification process, please refer to: COVID-19: Vaccination Verification Decision Guide and COVID-19: Instructions for Verifying Vaccination Exemption.
For PDF documents, please ensure that you clear your cache (Ctrl+F5, then reload) if you had previously downloaded your document before.
COVID-19 Guidelines and Safety Plans
- University of Toronto Safety Plans and Continuity of Education Plan (CEP)
- General Workplace Guideline (GWG) – updated Nov. 26, 2021
- Construction Guideline
- In-Class Instruction and Teaching Lab Guideline – updated Nov. 26, 2021
- Events Guideline – updated April 23, 2021
COVID-19 Assessment Tools/Forms
Prior to completing the forms below, please review Table 1 (instructional guidance) and Table 2 (maximum attendees, gathering limits) – updated Nov. 19, 2021.
- General Assessment Tool (GAT) – updated Nov. 12, 2021
- Student Society Assessment Acknowledgement Tool (SAT) – updated Nov. 19, 2021
- Event Guidelines Appendices – Appendix B Event Assessment Tool (EAT), Appendix C External Event Organizer Acknowledgement Form and Appendix D, Student Society Event Organizer Acknowledgement (SEAT) – updated Nov. 12, 2021
Contactors and Externals
- Contractor/External Acknowledgement Form – updated Nov. 16, 2021
Off-Campus Research, Travel and Academic Activities
Please refer to the Off-Campus Safety webpage.
Mask Exemption for Pedagogical Reasons
Instructors who wish to seek an exemption to mask use for pedagogical reasons should complete the Instructor Mask Removal Request for indoor Instructional Spaces Questionnaire and send it to EHS (email@example.com) for review. – updated Nov. 26, 2021
COVID-19 Posters and Tipsheets
The University of Toronto has developed a number of COVID-19 related posters and signs for display throughout the campuses. EHS has also developed its own tip sheets to provide additional guidance on the care and maintenance of eye protection and face masks.
- COVID-19 Posters
- Tip Sheet: Cleaning and Disinfection of Face Shields, Goggles, and Safety Glasses
- Tip Sheet: Tips to Prevent Skin Problems from Wearing Face Masks – updated January 14, 2021
- Procedures in the Event of a UCheck Red Screen, Confirmed Case, and/or COVID-19 Symptoms
- COVID-19 Procedure for Non-Clinic Employees Working in Clinics – updated Sept. 17, 2021
- Procedure for Emergency Repairs in a Probable/Confirmed COVID-19 Case Area – updated Sept. 17, 2021