Updated: July 14, 2021
For the latest information on the University of Toronto’s COVID-19 response, please see the UTogether page and take the time to review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). If you or members of your unit have a question that is not covered, please submit your question using the Contact Us button. Faculty, librarians, and staff should also visit the Human Resources and Equity COVID-19 and Returning to Campus websites for more information.
The University of Toronto is putting a number of new measures in place to prepare for a gradual, safe return to our campuses. Please see the 12 ways U of T is preparing for a safe return to campus. These measures include a face mask policy, physical distancing, extra cleaning, new wipe dispensers, more hand sanitizers, and plexiglass barriers.
COVID-19 Vaccinations and Testing
To book your COVID-19 vaccination at a vaccination clinic or pharmacy, please use the Ontario COVID-19 vaccine booking system. COVID-19 pop-up clinics may also be available in your local area. For additional information on COVID-19 vaccinations and the University of Toronto, please visit the U of T website COVID-19 Vaccinations.
For information on COVID-19 testing, please visit the Ontario website for COVID-19 Testing and Testing Locations.
For PDF documents, please ensure that you clear your cache (Ctrl+F5, then reload) if you had previously downloaded your document before.
COVID-19 Guidelines and Safety Plans
- University of Toronto Safety Plans – updated June 4, 2021
- General Workplace Guideline (GWG) – updated July 30, 2021
- Construction Guideline
- In-Class Instruction and Teaching Lab Guideline – updated June 30, 2021
- Events Guideline – updated April 23, 2021
COVID-19 Assessment Tools
Prior to completing the forms below, please review Table 1 (instructional guidance) and Table 2 (maximum attendees, gathering limits) – updated July 30, 2021.
- General Assessment Tool (GAT) – updated July 30, 2021
- Student Society Assessment Acknowledgement Tool (SAT) – updated July 26, 2020
- Event Guidelines Appendices – Appendix B Event Assessment Tool (EAT), Appendix C External Event Organizer Acknowledgement Form and Appendix D, Student Society Event Organizer Acknowledgement (SEAT) – updated July 26, 2021
- Contractor/External Acknowledgement Form – updated March 22, 2021
Non-Research Field Trips and Excursions
This form is designed to guide units in assessing potential risks (COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 hazards). Non-COVID-19 hazards may include chemical and biological agents, remote travel, wild life, equipment/tools, etc. You do NOT need to submit a GAT in addition this form but should review the GAT as resource for the COVID-19 sections of the Record.
- Field Trip & Excursion Safety Planning Record for Non-Research Activities – NEW July 30, 2021
COVID-19 Posters and Tipsheets
The University of Toronto has developed a number of COVID-19 related posters and signs for display throughout the campuses. EHS has also developed its own tip sheets to provide additional guidance on the care and maintenance of eye protection and face masks.
- COVID-19 Posters
- Tip Sheet: Cleaning and Disinfection of Face Shields, Goggles, and Safety Glasses
- Tip Sheet: Tips to Prevent Skin Problems from Wearing Face Masks – updated January 14, 2021
- Procedures in the Event of a UCheck Red Screen, Confirmed Case, and/or COVID-19 Symptoms
- COVID-19 Procedure for Non-Clinic Employees Working in Clinics