If you require office ergonomic assistance, follow these steps:
- Complete the online office ergonomics course (EHS536 ) in the UofT Portal if you have not done so before and complete Recommendations for Resolving Office Ergonomic Concerns including the Self-Assessment. Ensure you report any health and safety concerns to your supervisor.
- Make changes to your workstation per the online training and Self-Assessment. Speak to your supervisor if new equipment is required.
- If you continue to have issues after a few weeks, contact EHS for additional assistance.
Requests for sit-stand workstations and other specialized ergonomic equipment require documented medical conditions. For all ergonomic assistance because of a documented medical condition, contact Health & Well-being.
- Office Ergonomics Infographic
- Trouble-Shooting Guide for Sources of Discomfort
- Stress-Relieving Exercises for Computer Users
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
- Office Chairs suppliers (examples used by some departments):
- Nightingale, Robert J Breen 905.896.3434 x238
- Pat Cassiday and Associates 416.260.4777
- Humanomics, Fraser MacDonald 416.410.6653