No Bomb Threat Should be Ignored
- Do not panic. Stay calm.
- Any person receiving a bomb threat over the phone should ask the caller:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb located?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What does it look like?
- Why did you place the bomb?
- Keep talking to the caller as long as you can and record the following:
- Time of call.
- Age and gender of caller.
- Speech pattern, accent, possible nationality.
- Emotional state of caller.
- Background noise.
- Immediately notify the University Police:
St. George Campus 416.978.2222
Scarborough Campus 416.978.2222
Mississauga Campus 905.828.5200
University Police will immediately conduct a bomb search with the assistance of employee volunteers who will be familiar with the area. If a suspicious object or potential bomb is located, the area will immediately be evacuated.