Central Chemical Inventory

WHO needs to have a Chemical Inventory?

Anyone who uses hazardous chemicals at the University of Toronto should have a chemical inventory. Principal investigators, teaching lab directors and shop managers are responsible for ensuring that their chemicals inventories are complete and up to date.


HECHMET (Higher Education Cooperative for Hazardous Material and Equipment Tracking) is a consortium of Canadian universities that uses Vertére Inventory Management (VIM) software to manage chemical inventories. U of T joined HECHMET in 2017 and provides access to the system free of charge to all PIs, teaching lab directors and shop managers.